One of the secrets to keeping your vacuum sealer working good for a long time is knowing how to maintain and clean it properly. Cleaning is one aspect of proper maintenance of any home appliance. If you want something to last long, proper cleaning should not be neglected or set aside.
Cleaning is crucial to every home appliance, most especially if that piece of equipment is used in preparing or cooking your food. As for your food vacuum sealing machine, they perform best when properly cared for. Make it a goal to achieve to store-free your food or consumable items without any worries that they can get contaminated.
It is also of prime importance that you try to observe utmost hygiene level for your vacuum sealing machine since they are exposed to raw meat (if you don’t intend to use it on those, perhaps your household members will), as well as many other raw food items. They usually harbor airborne bacteria, and this runs the risk of not just putting the longevity of your kitchen appliances on the line, but may also put your health in harm’s way.
Here is a general guideline that you need to follow when cleaning your vacuum food sealing machine:
- Cleaning time for a kitchen-based vacuum sealing machine is lesser. However, this would largely depend upon the frequency of its usage. Before you start, make sure you unplug it from the power source first. It is always best to ensure your safety by seeing to it that the electric source is not on.
- Make use of a damp sponge or paper towel, not soaking wet. If you deem it necessary to use soap, make sure it is not detergent but with mild formulation only. This should set the right start on your cleaning task.
- Don’t try to submerge your vacuum sealing machine in water. Doing so will naturally wreak damage to the electronic components of the machine. Eventually, it will not work again and could be beyond repair already.
- With the help of a damp cloth, wipe-clean the machine’s entire surface, including the vacuum channel and buttons, too. The channel is a crucial part of any vacuum sealing device. It is this part of the machine that excess air and fluid are trapped before your highly perishable items are sealed. There is a big possibility that these liquids are harboring high amounts of bacteria, hence thorough cleaning of this area is a must.
- If you are done cleaning your machine with mild soap, make use of another damp cloth, this time around use it to wipe away soap residue from your sealer. See to it that the surface is not sticky and comes with a squeaky feel as you try to glide your fingers through it.
- Allow your vacuum sealing machine to dry first before trying to use it again. Again, ensure that it is completely dry and there is no water residue anywhere in the machine. Otherwise, this will run the risk of electric shock.
- Veer away from the use of harsh chemical-based cleaning agents when trying to clean your vacuum food sealer. Doing so runs the risk of leaving behind traces of the product anywhere on the machine’s surface, which induces premature corrosion. There is also the risk of contaminating your food products and induce a slow process of food poisoning.
In a crux, vacuum food sealers are among the most indispensable appliance you can have in your kitchen. It is one of those modern pieces of appliances that will make your kitchen ultra modern.
Part of the measures that will help ensure the longevity and greater efficiency of this machine relies on the cleaning practices the user will give to it. Proper and good cleaning practices will also ensure you of hygienic sealing of your food and other perishable items you want to vacuum seal.